Friday, March 4, 2011

Chapter 4

James stays in for the rest of the day. The rain was here and there was no point in going out. He looked around for the issue of Bonsai Weekly that he took from one of the other tenants. He thumbed through it for an hour then closed his eyes.
The subtle blue light began to creep through the windows the next morning. He ignored this que and rolled over and kept on sleeping. "It's sunday. No need in waking up." Three or so hours passed and finally he made a move to get up. He moseyed toward the shower, and his morning routine had begun. With his coffee he read an article entitled
Why the Earth Is Not Like a Pot
. He had no intrest in bonsai trees or even gardening, but ever since the T.V. went out he had been picking up any literature he could. In the back of the magazine there was an add for a city carnival. "Why would a carnival ever come to Watershed Heights? There are no kids here. Well actually I might go. Am I the reason that the carnival came to Watershed Heights?" He sipped the last drop off coffee and moved towards the door. He was going to the carnival.
The carnival is set-up in the vacant lot between the animal shelter and the old cinema not far from Yames' house. He straps on his boots and walks out the door. When he shows up to the carnival he is shocked by sea of people in attendance. As he walks around he sees faces that he wants to think are familiar, but he knows that they are not. "I need to meet some people," Yames thinks to him self and slightly mumbles under his breath. "Look at me. Talking to my self. This is getting real. I becoming that man in the park. The man that wears the blues robe, and conjures spells on people. I am lonely. I dont want to meet people. I want to meet people. What should I do?"
Yames looks up and a crowed has gathered around him staring.

No comments:

Post a Comment